Friday, December 04, 2009

Cutting down our Christmas tree!

For the first time ever (even for Nathan & me), we cut down our own Christmas tree this year. We went north to the Jemez mountains and got a permit for $10. We went on Friday afternoon, we actually got AnneMarie out of school early so we could finish up before dark. It was COLD out there, but pretty dry. There were a few patches of snow in shady areas. The roads are pretty rough but there was only one scary driving moment (and I was the only one scared, I think). It was a really great afternoon.
Jack found a little bit of snow and threw a couple of snowballs at me.
At first we just hiked around looking for the perfect tree to take home.
My little snow bunny. She is very sensitive to cold. Her teacher actually called me yesterday because her ears got so cold at recess she was crying. (Why she did not put up either one of the two hoods she had on, I don't know.) Anyway, for the tree hunt she wore an undershirt, turtleneck, sweater, leggings, jeans, socks, soccer socks, snow bibs, coat, gloves, boots and a beanie. Sounds like overkill but actually just right for AnneMarie.
Here they are, waiting for me to bring a decent saw. Our future tree is on the left.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda Free said...

Very nice! Glad you all got to get out as a family and adventure on a Friday. How blessed! Enjoy that tree.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home