Friday, March 18, 2011

Grandma Jeanne

My Grandma Jeanne passed away today after a short battle with pneumonia and a long battle with congestive heart failure. She was a wonderful grandmother! I love looking at these pictures and thinking of her.
Papa Lee, me and Grandma Jeanne at my wedding reception in 2000. I miss him so much! This is a favorite photo of mine.
I included this picture because it is so classic Grandma Jeanne! When I think of her I often picture her telling a story with her hands just like that. This photo is from Brian & my high school graduation party in 1996. Brian and I graduated on the same day at the same time (June 14, 1996). Grandma was concerned because she, of course, could not be in two places at once. She went to Brian's ceremony and Papa came to mine. I know it really mattered to her that I understood that she was not choosing Brian over me. Grandma loved all her grandchildren very much, no matter the exact relation to her. The phrase "blood is thicker than water" meant nothing to her. Family is family, no matter how they got there. Although she was very interested in geneaology and family trees. She tried to explain things like "second cousin twice removed" to me several times but it never really sunk in!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home